195 g fresh cream 35% fat
1 orange, zested
½ tsp vanilla bean paste
430 g good quality milk couverture chocolate 33%
100 g raw sugar
165 g brown sugar
1 tsp sea salt
115 g unsalted butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
155 g plain flour
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
110 g good quality milk couverture chocolate 33%, roughly chopped
110 g good quality dark couverture chocolate 54%, roughly chopped
90 g cornflakes, crushed
- Place the cream, orange zest and vanilla into a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Meanwhile, place the milk chocolate into a bowl.
- Once boiling, strain the cream through a sieve over the chocolate. Whisk until the chocolate has completely melted and incorporated into the cream.
- Cover with plastic wrap touching the surface of the ganache. Allow to cool at room temperature for 2-3 hours before transferring into a piping bag.
- Heat the oven to 170˚C, fan forced.
- Place the raw sugar, brown sugar, salt and butter into the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment and beat until smooth.
- Add the egg and vanilla, mix to combine.
- Add in the sieved flour and bicarbonate of soda and mix until incorporated.
- Stir through the roughly chopped milk chocolate, dark chocolate and crushed cornflakes.
- Place the cookie dough into the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Roll a teaspoon of the dough into individual balls, place them on a baking tray lined with baking paper approximately 40mm apart and gently press down to flatten slightly.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove the tray from the oven and allow to cool at room temperature.
NOTE: The cookie dough can be prepared and stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 3 days in advance. Allow the dough to come back to room temperature prior to baking.
- Cut the tip off the prepared piping bag of orange infused ganache.
- Pipe the ganache onto every second cookie and sandwich them together.