125 g caster sugar
75 ml fresh cream 35% fat
40 g honey
35 g liquid glucose
60 g unsalted butter
150 g flaked almonds
125 g glace orange fillets, chopped
25 g glace cherries, chopped
300 g good quality dark couverture chocolate 54%
300 g good quality milk couverture chocolate 33%
- Heat the oven to 170˚C, fan forced.
- Place the sugar, cream, honey, glucose and butter into a saucepan over medium heat. Stir until the ingredients are combined and reach a light golden colour.
- Remove from the heat and add in the almonds, orange and cherries. Mix until well incorporated.
- Transfer teaspoons of the mixture onto a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 8-10 minutes, until golden brown. Halfway through baking, gently press down any Florentine centres which have domed.
- Remove from the oven. While still hot, use a round cutter or glass 110mm in diameter to guide the Florentines into even round discs. Allow to cool at room temperature.
- To temper the dark chocolate, place it into a saucepan on an induction cooktop on setting 4. Stir continuously until you have 50% solids and 50% liquid. Transfer the chocolate into a heat-proof plastic bowl and stir vigorously until the solids have completely melted.
- Spread a thin layer of the tempered dark chocolate over the base of each Florentine.
- Once the dark chocolate has set, temper the milk chocolate following the above tempering instructions.
- Spread a thin layer of the tempered milk chocolate over the dark chocolate and run a tiling comb over the chocolate in a wavey pattern.
- Allow to set at room temperature before storing in an airtight container.