100 g good quality dark couverture chocolate 54%
- Cut strips of baking paper approximately 50mm in width.
- Temper the dark chocolate by placing it into a microwave-safe plastic bowl, heat in 30 second increments, stirring in between. Once you have 50% solids and 50% liquid, stir vigorously until the solids have completely melted.
- Transfer the tempered chocolate into a paper piping cone, zip lock bag or piping bag. Cut off the tip and pipe 20mm discs of chocolate approximately 20mm apart onto the strips of baking paper.
- Holding a teaspoon vertically, place the tip into the centre of the chocolate disc and pull it back on a slight angle to create the chocolate garnishes.
- Allow to set at room temperature or in the refrigerator for 5 minutes.