WHIPPED WHITE CHOCOLATE GANACHE
270 g fresh cream 35% fat (A)
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
25 g liquid glucose
190 g good quality white chocolate 28%
395 g fresh cream 35% fat (B)
90 g caster sugar
4 whole eggs, room temperature
55 g plain flour
30 g cocoa powder
caster sugar, for sprinkling
1 punnet of strawberries, cut in quarters (eights if they’re large)
icing sugar, for dusting
WHIPPED WHITE CHOCOLATE GANACHE
- Place the cream (A), vanilla and liquid glucose into a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Place the chocolate into a bowl and pour over the boiled cream. Whisk to combine.
- Add the cream (B) and incorporate.
- Cover with plastic wrap touching the surface of the ganache and place into the refrigerator to chill for a minimum of 6 hours.
- Spray a 240mm x 370mm baking tray with vegetable oil and line the base and sides with baking paper. Set aside until required.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C, fan forced.
- Whisk the sugar and eggs in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment for approximately 5 minutes, until light and fluffy.
- Meanwhile, sieve the flour and cocoa powder onto a sheet of baking paper.
- Once the egg mixture is pale and aerated, remove the bowl from the mixer and gradually add the sieved ingredients, gently folding through after each addition.
- Pour the sponge batter into the prepared baking tray and gently spread the mixture out evenly, careful not to knock out too much air.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 7-8 minutes, until the sponge bounces back when gently pressed.
- Slightly dampen a clean tea towel, lay it out flat onto your work bench and sprinkle it with sugar.
- While the sponge is still hot, flip it onto the sugar-coated tea towel. Gently remove the baking paper from the sponge.
- Fold the end of the tea towel over the sponge and roll into a tight roll. Set aside to cool at room temperature to cool.
- Transfer the prepared white chocolate ganache into the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment and whip until it reaches a piping consistency.
- Gently unroll the chocolate sponge and transfer it onto a sheet of baking paper.
- Spread three quarters of the whipped white chocolate ganache evenly over the sponge, leaving a 10mm edge at the end of the sponge that you will be rolling towards.
- Place the remaining whipped white chocolate ganache into the refrigerator until required.
- Arrange the 2 thirds of the cut strawberries over the whipped ganache ensuring they are evenly distributed. Set aside the remaining strawberries.
- Use the baking paper to lift the sponge as you roll it as tight as possible.
- Place a ruler on top of the baking paper where the 2 ends meet. Angle the ruler towards the bottom of the roulade. Push the ruler in while pulling on the bottom piece of baking paper to tighten the roll.
- Place the roll into the refrigerator for 30 minutes before using a hot serrated edged knife to trim the ends.
- Transfer the roulade onto a serving plate.
- Using a warm teaspoon, place small scoops of the reserved whipped ganache on top of the roulade in an offset pattern.
- Arrange the remaining strawberries on top of the whipped ganache and finish with a dusting of icing sugar.