100 g good quality dark chocolate
QS pesticide-free mint, lemon or lime leaves
- Melt the chocolate, or temper it first if it contains cocoa butter. To temper the chocolate, heat it in a plastic bowl in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time until you have 50% liquid and 50% pieces of chocolate. Stir it vigorously without additional heat until all the chocolate has melted. If you have some resistant buttons, you can gently heat the chocolate with a hair dryer while stirring.
- Scrunch up a piece of foil and keep it near your preparation area.
- With a small brush, coat the back of each leaf with a thin layer of melted chocolate, making sure you don’t go over the side. Place each leaf over the foil to give it natural movement.
- Place in the fridge to set for no more than 5 minutes. Remove each leaf from the chocolate using tweezers or your fingers.
- The chocolate leaves can be stored in an airtight container for up to 4 weeks.