125 g good-quality dark chocolate
15 g cocoa powder (22-24% fat content)
150 g unsalted butter
250 g whole eggs (approx. 5)
160 g caster (superfine) sugar
65 g plain (all purpose) flour
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Melt the chocolate, cocoa powder and butter together in a microwave.
- Slightly whip the eggs with the sugar. Using a whisk, mix in the chocolate mixture by hand, followed by the sifted flour.
- Grease the individual rings (65 mm x 40 mm) by spraying them with vegetable oil and placing on top of a lined baking tray. Line the rings with baking paper, ensuring it is 1 cm higher than the rings. Alternately, you can lightly grease coffee cups and bake the puddings in those instead.
- Pour the mixture into the rings, filling them ¾ high or with approximately 100 g of mixture per ring. Place the prepared puddings into the fridge for at least 6 hours – the finished product is better if the mixture can sit for 12 hours.
- Bake in preheated oven for 8-10 minutes. Test one pudding to get an exact time prior to serving.